A few inspiring things that actually gave me the guts to go to India, expecting to cross out some of them:
Eat street food. First one on the list! – Done, done almost everyday!
- Play at Holi Festival, the colour powder festival
Ride a camel through the desert. Maybe camping out looking at the stars.- I did it just at the end of my Dengue fever Meet the Dalai Lama and listen to him.– That was some experience! Eat with the Sikhs at the Golden Temple– Done, more than once See cows in the street, a must! – Impossible not to do this one. Even in the beach. Everywhere, literally. Experience the ‘pink city’, Jaipur– I actually visited twice! I had to come back for a wedding!
- Maybe getting involved with elepahnts? Some kind of voluntary work or bathing them?
See the Taj Mahal. How to miss that one! – I loved the Taj Experience the cremations in Varanasi– I spent around a week in Varanassi and had the chance to watch and learn in the big and the small crematory. Get in the Ganges. In the clean Ganges, to be more specific. Maybe just a toe? – I thought I wouldn’t but I actually did get in (a bit) in Rishikesh. Try yoga– Done And meditation– Done
- Maybe an ashram as well.
See the Ganga Aarti(ceremony of light at the Ganges) – Done twice, in Rishikesh and Varanasi. A bit of trekking(light trekking) around the Himalayas, maybe? – A bit of trekking was done in the Himalayas, indeed.
- Learn Bollywood dance style!
Drink lots of chai! I love chai tea – Chai was a must and was done everywhere, everyday. Chai and chill!
- Check out Auroville, a true hippie comune which is completely independent from the Indian state. Other rules apply and it seems there is no currency. Everybody works for things.
Spend time in some beach in Goa. Experience a party in Goa, it’s all about the trance parties. – I did go to the beach in Goa Travel by train over night. Take a sleeper train is part on India! – Only one? Sleepers were the best! Wander in Hampi.– Yeah, beautiful unreal place Get close to Pakistanin the opening of borders in Attari – Done
I am not expecting to do them all, but at least it will give an idea of what y itinerary could be and serve me as guide through my travelling around this massive country.
With the same aim, I want to do a list of things I want to do or try to keep me focus on the places I want to visit and give me a bit of inspiration.
- Great Barrier Rief. Probably a must see before it dies. I would be happy with a bit of snorkelling.
- Trekking in Inle Lake, Myanmar.
- Sun rises and falls in Bagan, Myanmar.
- Paradisiac beaches in Thailand.
- Trekking in Sapa, Vietnam. Minorities and rice fields as the landscape sound good.
- Halong Bay, in Vietnam as well.
- Trekking in Tasmania, that great unknown. Very off the beaten path destination
- Whale watching. Probably in New Zealand?
- Glaziar watching, New Zealand. If I could get to climb it, that would be awesome
- Bungee jumping
- That beautiful mosque in Iran. Just travelling in Iran is in the list.
- The Transiberian route. A veeeery long train journey across China and Russia. With a stop in Mongolia, right?